Hey friends! Let’s talk. Today, I’m going to write to you from my heart.
God is not surprised by COVID-19.
I don’t know about you, but that fills me with hope, peace, comfort, and joy. Why? Because though this is an inconvenience, a hardship, and, in some cases, a disaster…God is in control. He Who knows the end from the beginning knew this was coming…and what the fallout would be.
- He knows how this will play out and what the long-term effects would last.
- He knows how it will change the hearts and minds of people.
- He knows how it will alter the landscape of the business and the way we do education.
And in the midst of all of it, we have a choice…trust God or don’t trust Him.
I’m choosing to trust Him. And let me tell you why.
- He knows what I don’t. He knows what’s coming.
- He knows how things are going to play out.
- He knows what the repercussions of this virus are going to be.
Since God knows what I don’t, I’m going to take Him at His Word. And I’m going to make it a daily practice to ask for His wisdom as to my next steps and how to proceed!
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.’ James 1:5-8
I don’t believe our Normal will look the same after this virus passes us by. Things are going to change once the quarantine is lifted, and in some cases I believe those changes will be significant. So I’m choosing to ask God for wisdom on how to prepare for those changes.
- What can I do with my time now to be ready for the changes about to hit us?
- What skills can I refine?
- What skills do I need to acquire?
- What books should I read? Which podcasts I should listen to, webinars I should participate in?
- How can I use my gifts, talents, and passions to further His kingdom here on earth now and after?
- How can I prepare to be His hands and feet to serve my family, community, church, and world?
- How can I encourage those in my sphere of influence today, tomorrow, in the coming days, and beyond?
And you know what? God is answering those prayers.
FYI: Every day I am sharing ideas on how to best maximize your time in quarantine on my Facebook page. Each video is about 5 minutes long. You’re invited to join me there, subscribe, participate in the conversation. Here are the links for the videos I’ve already done.
I’ve had people ask how these choices and prayers are playing out in my life and ministry. As an example, let me share the most recent chapter of my story, of Vibrant Relevance’s story–
About a month ago I went down to Houston, TX to help a friend with her inaugural Spark Christian Podcasting Conference.
I went primarily to serve my friend, her guests, and her sponsors. To make them feel loved, welcome, and cared for. To help with set up and take down and any of the other last minute behind-the-scenes stuff. I was also hoping to receive invitations to appear on podcasts and to grow my network. Finally, I was looking forward to meeting the literary agent I’d love to work with, Blythe Daniel, and glean insight from her incredible mind.
And God honored all those desires beyond my wildest imaginations!
- He gave me the opportunity to not only bless others with hospitality but to share the Gospel message with a few sponsors who don’t know Jesus.
- He didn’t just expand my network, He expanded my friend group.
- He didn’t just allow me an opportunity to meet Blythe, but He opened the door to a beautiful friendship. (And if you know me, you know how much I treasure relationships.)
My heart was full. Bursting even.
But Jesus didn’t stop there…He not only opened doors for me to be a guest on various podcasts, He called me to host one of my own.
I came home and hit my knees. I started gathering equipment, looking at hosting sites, and learning more about all things podcasting.
And now as this virus is spreading.
Panic and fear are invading our hearts.
The unknown is staring us in the face.
And in the chaos, I’m seeing more and more Believers and unbelievers turn their hearts back to God. We are starting to grasp how little control we have and submitting to The One who is in control. I hearing more and more from people who don’t know how to study the Bible or apply it to their daily lives. AND, OH, HOW THIS MAKES MY HEART DANCE!!!
But how to proceed with all that is going on?
How to walk in obedience?
And what does a podcast have to do with this?
Then God reminded me, “if you we seek Me you will find Me if we seek Me with all your heart.” So again I decided to take God at His Word:
- But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:33, ESV)
- I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. (Proverbs 8:17, ESV)
- Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! (1 Chronicles 16:11, ESV)
- And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. (Hebrews 11:6, ESV)
- But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29, ESV)
- You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13, ESV)
As I make plans, gather information, walk in obedeince, I challenge you to do the same.
Ask God for wisdom on how to prepare for the coming changes. How He leads each of us will be different…but isn’t that the beauty of the Body of Christ?
My Friend, seek Him with your whole heart. Believe Him. Trust Him. And then…GET AFTER IT!
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments, so please leave a note. I promise to respond.
If this post blessed you, please share it.