Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s celebration.
But now it’s back to reality.
Back to school and back to work.
Back to life and back to (new) routines.
The twinkling lights are turning off one-by-one. The tree decorations are being removed and stored for another year. Stockings and ceramic villages are taken down and tucked away. Nativity scenes are lovingly wrapped and securely stowed. And furniture is going back to its original location…everything is going back to ‘normal.’How do you feel about that? Happy? Sad? Empty? Lost? Wistful? Apprehensive? Enthusiastic?
Or are you looking ahead, motivated to master 2018?
Personally, I’m excited about 2018 and ready to conquer the goals in front of me!
I’ve spent a lot of time in prayer preparing for this new year. I’ve sought God’s guidance in where He’s leading me, confessed my fears, and submitted to His will. Today, I feel a bold confidence as I step out in faith to continue this journey, tomorrow could be a different story, but I’m choosing to trust Him for today and focus on one day at a time.
In my last blog post, I announced New Things For the New Year. These include:
- Various changes to my website—I’m still working on some of those changes
- Blog posts every 3 days as opposed to every other day
- Newsletters for subscribers every 2 weeks
If you are not a subscriber, I invite you to subscribe to my website using the MailChimp popup I installed—it’s way more stress-free than the old way. As a subscriber,
- You won’t miss a post
- You’ll get all the news first
- You’ll get a jump start on Giveaways
- And you’ll get a behind the scenes look at my publishing journey.
In my newsletters, I’ll share my victories and challenges, give progress reports, and share specific prayer requests. I promise to be honest and open. This is a scary for me, but I believe God wants me to bring you along on this adventure. Not just to keep me accountable, but to keep me vulnerable. I also have an inkling He may be calling you out of your comfort zone to fulfill His calling for you. And maybe my unfolding story will encourage you to step out in faith, or maybe your story will encourage me.
My dear WordPress Followers:
I would love to send you my Newsletters as well, but in order to do so, I discovered you must also subscribe to my website–I asked. I understand you will still only get one email per blog post, not two. So the only thing that will change is getting the inside scoop via the Newsletter.
My 2018 Writing Events
Northwestern Christian Writer’s Conference, July 13-14 (registered)
Last year was the first year this conference was available, and I was excitedanxious nervous to be in attendance. It was my very first writer’s conference, and I had no idea what to expect. But I jumped in with two feet and learned a lot—about the industry, about what it is to be a writer, and what it takes to publish.
This year, I’m looking to build on that knowledge and all the other knowledge I’ve gleaned since then. There’s a tremendous amount of work to do between then and now, but I couldn’t be more enthusiastic about it!
She Speaks (not yet registered)
This is a Christian writer’s and speaker’s conference put on by Proverbs 31 Ministries. I feel like God is calling me to start speaking, which is why I am hoping to attend this conference this year—to get the tools, to learn the skills, and to give the rest to God.
However, for the first time this year, they’re hosting two different conferences! And that’s all I know! They’ve sent out teasers, but nothing more. Oh, my curiosity is buzzing!
Last spring I spent a week alone in a cabin in northern Minnesota for some intensive writing time. It was incredible! I honestly don’t have words to tell you how life-changing that week was. I’m planning to do it again in March. Please pray for that week.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can read my story here so I won’t rewrite it now. But as God continues to lead me to publish Bible studies and devotionals, it has become clear I can’t do it on my own. I need your help.
- I need your prayers.The spiritual warfare at times is oppressing and hard to bear. I spend so much time battling; I don’t have time to write and do what God has called me to do.
- Building a solid reader baseThere are several steps I need to complete before approaching an agent. And before an agent or a publisher takes me seriously, I need to have a solid reader base. They want to be sure I’m worth the financial risk when they publish my work.
- That is where you come in.You have a network I can’t reach without you, and your people can’t choose to read my writing or follow me without an invitation.
- Every like, comment, and share on my website is essential
- New subscribers are critical
- Every social media like, comment, and share is priceless
- I would appreciate your help in sharing Jesus and what God is doing with Vibrant as I obediently follow Him.
Kristin Bonin nailed it in this fantastic devotional! It’s an incredible way to start your year. You won’t be disappointed.
- Subscribe to my website (5 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like my Facebook Author Page (1 entry)
- Follow me on Instagram (1 entry)
- Like and/or share any of my blog posts on social media (2 entries)
- Like and/or comment on any of my blog posts on my website (2 entries)
- Share my website with others via social media and/or email—link me to the share (3 entries)
The winner will be announced Friday evening!