Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:7-10
I’ve never been a big lover of V-Day. I’m still not sure of the point of all of it. But if I had to be honest, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s a strange “holiday” with little meaning.
That being said, I do believe real love is worth celebrating–every day.
Especially the love God has for you.
Beloved, on this Valentine’s Day, remember to say thank you for
- The most amazing display of love we could ever imagine!
- When we accept God’s love and His Son, we are saved
- When we are saved, we are given the opportunity to have a right relationship with Him
- In that relationship, we are His Children, adopted, co-heirs with Christ
- And as His children, He offers us an abundant, joy-filled (notice I didn’t say easy or wealthy).
With all the stuffed animals, flowers, chocolates, and jewelry being exchanged today–remember the Gift of Love God gave us. There is nothing like it. Take time to meditate on the Gift Christ offers all of us and to pray for those who have yet to accept it as theirs.
His Love Never Fails…
My prayer for you today is that you will allow God’s love to saturate you, fill to overflowing. And that His love will splash all over those around you. May His love penetrate your hurt, sadness, darkness, and illness. May it compound your joy, enthusiasm, and excitement.
Love and prayers to you all!